Friday, October 17, 2008

Roe V. Wade & some closing thoughts by Rochelle

I thought a lot about what I wanted to say about this last debate. It was clearly the best one. Surely, on that we ALL agree.

We Bunts have clearly been Obama supporters. I hope everyone realizes that we can't help but be sarcastic... it's in our blood. We poke fun and joke even when things are deadly serious. Quite irritating at times. This is the most political we have ever been and I am really thrilled to have my girls so active and involved.

That being said, I am going to TRY to be serious this time because I am really concerned. For real!

Roe vs. Wade

So I was in high school in the 70's when Roe V Wade passed. THANK GOD!!! I seriously went with several friends to clinics in NYC because there were none on LI. Doctors didn't deal with this issue, parents were not so open minded, and everyone had to lie and sneak around. This was AFTER Roe v Wade... so you can imagine what it was like before. This was in middle class, white America. I realize it is 35 years later but the very idea that we would turn back the clock and take away a woman's right to choose what to do with her own body is absurd. I can't even imagine any female accepting it.

I realize McCain feels it should be a state's decision and that Massachusetts is a liberal state so we are pretty much "safe" but I object to that idea. No state, no person, no one should be making that CHOICE for a woman.

Another thing that pisses me off. I have many friends and relatives who are 'Pro-Life'. I respect that and have no issue with it. I understand why they feel the way they do and won't even argue the point since I feel this is THEIR CHOICE.

I AM PRO-CHOICE NOT PRO-ABORTION! I do not even know anyone who is pro-abortion.

Okay.. I'm done.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know someone who is pro abortion...is rhymes with bangela

Anonymous said...

I think "that person" is pro-choice and her choice would be abortion but she probably wouldn't insist there be a law that said you had to have one.

Anonymous said...

uhh hi. wire coat hanger pact.

too much?

Anonymous said...

Pro-choice is pro-abortion. Face the facts: your baby is alive, not part of your body. Abortion is murder. Want proof? This site is neither pro-life nor pro-abortion. Take a look. You might change your mind.
http://www.epigee.org/fetal1.html

Buntologically Informed