Wednesday, December 10, 2008

What is Christmas Really About? By Jackie




As Christmas draws near, people everywhere are scrambling to buy buy buy. The thought of presents underneath the tree has become more important than just spending quality time with the ones you love. As much as I love Christmas for the gifts, I have found myself thinking more about how much I love just hanging out at home and chillin with the fam. I can honestly say that this Christmas I don't care that much about getting everything I want. I don't really need anything. Yeah, money is always nice to have, but I just want to go home and watch some Christmas movies.

Today in my last class of Issues in Advertising my professor showed us a piece from a movie called, "What Would Jesus Buy?". It really freaked me out. I laughed at a few parts, but only because of how ridiculous people have gotten when it comes to spending and buying like crazy near the holidays. I think everyone should definitely watch this movie, or at least this clip we watched in class. Maybe it will make everyone think a little bit differently around this time of the year, and every month after.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice, Jax...

Anonymous said...

Ok.. just watched the clip. Have to say while very intense and effective I was not at all surprised. People are insane! I am spending much less this year by choice after feeling depressed over my over-spending last year. I don't deprive my kids of things all year so it isn't like "poor them". It will be wonderful, we will have great fun but let's be real.Isn't this about Jesus and stuff?

Anonymous said...

Good picture Jack, except mmmm you can basically see my whole Gulf Coast.

Anonymous said...

wait... xmas is a religious holiday?

Unknown said...

hey, does this mean I'm getting less presents??!?

Buntologically Informed